WHO ARE RUNAWAY TOURS ?
SYDNEY’S FOREIGN LANGUAGE, PRIVATE DAY TOUR SPECIALISTS!
Runaway Tours is a dynamic local family owned and operated Australian business with over 20 years in the tourism industry. We are Sydney’s leading small group, private day tours and foreign language tour company.
The owners are husband and wife, dynamic duo, Steve Arnerich, originally from New Zealand, and Mandy Stewart, originally from Tasmania. Steve, our Operations Manager, has a rich knowledge of the Sydney Tourism industry and provides a consultancy service for our clients. He has a wealth of customer focused expertise and can answer all of your questions and help you find the best tour to suit your situation. Mandy runs the engine room of the business and, as Office Manager, will handle all of your enquiries with the speed and efficiency of a jet plane!
WHY CHOOSE US?
Runaway Tours offers a personal service for all of our guests. From first contact to final drop off, we are focused on providing you with expert advice and professional guides, to ensure that you get the very best experience while visiting Sydney.
It is important to us that you have an enjoyable and rewarding time on our tours.
We love Sydney and the surrounding region is a beautiful and exciting part of the world. We are excited to show it off to our national and international visitors.
We can also provide a specialised service for our foreign language visitors that makes us stand out from the rest. Runaway Tours has guides who speak English, Spanish, Italian, French, German, Russian, Japanese, Korean, Cantonese and Mandarin and many more.
For our small groups we use “Gracie”, our luxury VW Caravelle. With seating for up to 8 passengers, travel in comfort on custom leather seats and be protected from the Australian sun with tinted windows and air conditioning.
For midsize groups we use deluxe mini buses with 10, 20 or 24 seats. We can also cater to large groups with luxury 5 star coaches.
MEET SOME OF OUR RUNAWAY TOUR GUIDES
Runaway Tours specialist tour guides ensure that your Sydney Day Tour is an enjoyable, relaxing and fun experience. Take a minute to meet some of our specialist tour guides:
Mandarin and Cantonese Tour Guide
- Living in Australia since 1989
- Started in Sydney tourism in 2000.
- Companies/Organizations dealt with include NSW Tourism, Tourism Australia, Transglobal.
- Apart from Australia, Lam has been a guide in New Zealand, Japan, and Thailand.
- Has also been a chef in a Chinese restaurant in Sydney for four years.
- High profile clients in Australia include the Malaysian Prime Minister, Chinese Deputy Prime Minister, China Hubei Provincial Heads, Jackie Chan movie star.
Opera House, Blue Mountains, Canberra, Gold Coast, Tasmania and Adelaide.
English, French and German Tour Guide
- Born and raised in Sydney
- Started in Sydney tourism in 2011.
- High profile clients in Australia include: 2 princes and a princess, Angela Merkel and many major international CEO’s
Andrew taught French and German for 22 years in Sydney and in the UK in some of the most prestigious schools. He has conducted exchanges to Europe from both countries as a teacher and has led 9 tours to Europe.
Andrew has used his exceptional language skill to conduct translation work at Sydney University (where he also tutored) and interpreting work for a Berlin orchestra and even assisted with Angela Merkel’s visit to the NSW Parliament before she was the German Chancellor.
After travelling extensively, Andrew has a great knowledge of France (and her vineyards), Germany, Switzerland, Austria and has dabbled in a little taste of Italy. Andrew also worked in fine wines so is somewhat of an aficionado when it comes to our wine tours.
Sydney, the city and its unique history, the Opera House as a guide and even an opera singer once, National Parks (especially the Blue Mountains) and the vineyards of the Hunter Valley and Southern Highlands.
French, Italian and Spanish Tour Guide
- Living in Australia since 2007
- Started in Sydney tourism in 2008.
- Companies and Organisations dealt with include: Runaway Tours, Grayline tours, AAT Kings, APT Tours, Finesse, All Guides Tours, Transglobal.
- High profile clients in Australia include: General of the Italian army, Italian Writers, Family of Botero (Colombian artist), Worked as a tour guide in Tuscany, Italy.
Sydney City and its beaches, Blue Mountains, Uluru, Cairns, Melbourne.
Russian Tour Guide
- Born in Moscow, Russia
- Graduated from Moscow Geological University
- Worked in Environmental Protection organizations
- Lived in Sydney since 1992
- Worked in tourism since 2000
- Companies/Organizations dealt with include Tourism Australia, NSW Tourism, ATS Pacific, All Pacific Travel Concepts, Australian Travel Marketing and Australian Travel Club.
- High profile clients include top officials of Gazprom, Sibneft, Rosatom, Sberbank, CEO of Cenrobank and second in charge of the Russian FSB. Media and celebrities include some TV personalities such as Dmitry Krylov, Igor Shestakov
Sydney City Tours, Blue Mountains Tours, Hunter Valley Tours, Canberra Tours